Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Toxic Town

They say I live in a toxic town. Well, whoever “they” are is probably right. While I do not live in Escambia County, I spend a good bit of time there at school and for work, and look at Escambia County. It is ranked the number one county for toxic chemical releases in Florida, winning this probably unwanted title by nearly 13 million pounds. It is also in the top 10 in the country, and I don’t think that can be good for me or the people around here. But I do live on the safer side of the river in Santa Rosa County, which checks in at 21st in Florida, and who knows where in the nation. Releasing only 645,000 pounds of toxic chemicals looks a lot better than that 38 million that Escambia is releasing. So they say I live in a toxic town, but I feel I will be just fine. I will live my life, enjoy it and try not to think about these toxic chemicals being released. But maybe I should just spend some more time at home in Santa Rosa County.

No comments:

Post a Comment